Community Group Leader Training
NEXT TRAINING August 22, 4:30pm. Register by August 18 here.
Pastor Jon English Lee will cover different topics at each training (more future dates below). Group Leaders are expected to attend at least 2 sessions annually.
Each session is a separate event on Realm. You must register at least 4 days in advance for the one(s) you plan to attend so Pastor Jon English can plan accordingly!
- Wednesday, September 15, 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 10, 4:30pm
- Wednesday, November 17, 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 5, 4:30pm
Wednesday Night Activities Resuming August 18
Supper begins at 5:15. Other activities begin at 6:00.
We are starting over with our Supper Reservation List! Let’s try a Google Doc =) which you can add yourself to/remove yourself from. I know Google Docs don’t always work for everyone (and don’t always work well on smart phones), so please contact me (Lindsay) if you have trouble with it!
- Adults: $4, Children: $3 (no age limits, just different portion sizes), Family Max: $20, cash or check payable each Wednesday night
- Food service window open 5:15-5:45pm each Wednesday.
- Reservation List Here
- Simply leave your name and meal #s on the list if you want to be “permanent,” i.e. You plan to attend each week regardless of menu. Update as needed, of course.
- PLEASE add, remove, or update reservations by the preceding Sunday each week! This is very important (and loving!) for Ms. Carolyn to help her plan well.
- The Google Doc link and all supper info will always be in the eNews, in the members’ Facebook Group, and on our website for your reference anytime!
G321 Children’s Discipleship (PreK-6th)
Preschoolers- Nursery Hall
K to 6th- Church Lawn
See this flyer for more information on G321.
Adult Bible Study- Chapel
Youth (7th-12th)- Third Floor North
Save the Dates
5- No Evening Service
6- Labor Day, Church Office Closed
19- First Grade Bible Presentation
19- Military Appreciation Luncheon
17- Church Picnic
22 & 23- Men’s Conference
24- Quarterly Business Meeting
More details to come on these events!
Women’s Fall Bible Study
Don’t forget to register online and pick up your Steadfast Life study guide at church!
Study guides are $12 and can be picked up in the Work Room (2nd floor, south wing, immediately right off the elevator). They can be paid for online upon registration, or by check or cash- left in the envelope in the Work Room, or designated and dropped in the offering plates.
All groups will meet every other week beginning the week of August 15th through the week of November 7th. Register for the group you want to join by logging into Realm.
Cornerstone Classical Christian Academy
Please help spread the word about our school and refer friends and family during this open enrollment season! School starts August 11.
- Christ is Central
- Classical Education Model
- Ezekiel Athletics
- Part-time/Dual Enrollment Options for Upper School
Visit https://www.ccamontgomery.org for more information.
MBC Homeschool Cover
Morningview Baptist Church School is accepting applications for enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year. MBC School is a ministry that exists to serve Morningview families by providing a legal cover school for those who homeschool. Homeschooling families who are members of Morningview or those who are in the process of becoming members are welcome to apply for enrollment. All eligible families must apply annually and necessary paperwork must be turned in by September 2, 2021. Please contact Kerissa Grigsby, MBC School Administrator, to request an Enrollment Packet or for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Can You Serve?
- Worship Care (rotating schedule of nursery care providers during Sunday AM Worship)- Contact lindsay.edwards@morningview.
- Children’s Substitute Teachers or Partner Teachers (Sunday AM and Wednesday PM)- Contact email@example.com
- Choir- Contact elizabeth.wilkinson@
morningview.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sound Team (rotating schedule)- Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lords Supper Prep (rotating schedule)- Contact lindsay.edwards@morningview.
- Sunday Morning Greeters- Contact email@example.com
- Sanctuary Ushers- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Sunday School
Join us for Sunday School 9:15-10:15am
- Cole Portis’ Class (Adult 2), Room 315- Evangelism in 1 Peter
- Billy Cox’s Class (Adult 3), Room 314- Philippians
- Tony Edwards’ Class (Adult 4), Room 318- 1 Samuel
- Fellowship Class (Jon English Lee), Chapel- Law and Gospel
- Ladies Class (Sarah Jones), Room 307- Selected Psalms
College Student/Young Adult Community Group
Meets weekly on Thursdays at 7pm at Claire Kennedy’s.
Morningview sermon podcast can be found by searching for “Morningview Baptist” on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Anchor (https://anchor.fm/morningview