Special Called Business Meeting
This Sunday, June 6, 5:30pm.
Members were sent an email today (and those without email will receive in the mail this week)- a letter from the pastors explaining church staff structure changes. This will be discussed at our business meeting this Sunday.
Mandatory Crew Leader Training
This Wednesday, June 2, at 7:00pm in the chapel (immediately following Wednesday Night Bible Study). This training will be brief, but it is very important for both new and returning Crew Leaders as some of our routine VBS procedures will be different this year! Please make every effort to attend this meeting!
Church Work Day!
Attention church! Anyone is welcome to come help us get some much needed work done this Saturday, June 5, 8am-12pm!
We will be trimming and removing hedges, and removing carpet from some church properties. If you have any tools that would aid us in those jobs, please bring them.
We also may be moving things around and getting ready inside for VBS if that is needed.
Church Membership Class
Call 334-272-2304 or email lindsay.edwards@morningview.
“New Beginnings” starts this Sunday, June 6 at 9:15am in the Theological Library (Room 214). Pastor Shawn will be leading this 5-week Church Membership Class which will meet during the Sunday School hour for 5 consecutive Sundays (June 6, 13, 20, 27, and July 4).
VBS: All Aboard the Rocky Railway!
VBS is next week, M-Thu 9am-12pm! Pray for a fruitful week for the Gospel to go forth. Don’t forget to register your kids and please encourage friends to preregister!
VBS worker T-shirts are $5 each to help offset the cost ($20 family max). Please designate your check or cash “VBS T-shirts,” include your name on the giving envelope, and drop it in the offering plate on Sunday.
Community Group Leader Training
NEXT TRAINING June 13, 4:30pm. Register by June 9 here!
Pastor Jon English Lee will cover different topics at each training (more future dates below). Group Leaders are expected to attend at least 2 sessions annually.
Each session is a separate event on Realm: https://onrealm.org/
- Sunday, August 22, 4:30pm
- Wednesday, September 15, 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 10, 4:30pm
- Wednesday, November 17, 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 5, 4:30pm
- Please check the schedule in your email and know your day to serve in advance.
- If you see that you can’t serve on your scheduled day, please call or text another person or couple on the schedule directly and make arrangements to swap days with them. (This is why it is so helpful to know your day in advance and swap days beforehand whenever possible!)
- Let me know if you do swap days or if you have trouble finding someone to swap with.
- Please arrive on the nursery hall no later than 10:15am on your Sunday.
- THANK YOU, volunteers!!!
Please contact Lindsay to begin serving on our childcare rotation for Sunday Morning Worship.
Prime Timers Luncheon
If you are 55+ join us for lunch at Red’s Little Schoolhouse on Thursday, June 24! Call the church office to sign-up: 272-2304.
Adult Sunday School
Join us for Sunday School! 9:15-10:15am
- “New Beginnings” (Shawn Merithew), Room 214/Theological Library- 5-week course on Morningview Membership
- Cole Portis’ Class (Adult 2), Room 315- Evangelism in 1 Peter
- Billy Cox’s Class (Adult 3), Room 314- Philippians
- Tony Edwards’ Class (Adult 4), Room 318- Finishing 1 Timothy, 1 Samuel next
- Fellowship Class (Jon English Lee), Chapel- Rick Quave is teaching a series on Origins/The Doctrine of Creation. Following that, Jon English will resume teaching on Law and Gospel in Scripture.
- Ladies Class (Sarah Jones), Room 307- 12-week study of selected Psalms beginning this Sunday.
College Student/Young Adult Community Group
Meets weekly on Thursdays at 7pm at Claire Kennedy’s home. Contact Jordan Nelson for more information.
After VBS Family Night (Wednesday, June 9) there will be no more Wednesday night activity at church until August 18.
Youth, listen out in Sunday School for other fun summer fellowships.
Church, please use this time to reach out to each other, host each other for meals, etc. Strengthen relationships and make new friendships within your church family!
Cornerstone Classical Christian Academy
Please help spread the word about our school and refer friends and family during this open enrollment season!
- Christ is Central
- Classical Education Model
- Ezekiel Athletics
- Part-time/Dual Enrollment Options for Upper School
Ways to Serve Our Church!
- Sunday Morning Greeters needed! Contact Becky Williams
- Ushers needed! Contact George Kelley or Brian Booth
- Childcare providers for Sunday morning (during Sunday School and Worship), Sunday evening, and/or Wednesday nights needed! Contact Jennifer Graham.
- Substitute Sunday School Teachers for children. Contact Melisa Bertolotti.
- Youth Girls teachers beginning in August. Contact Jordan Nelson.
- Choir will resume in August. We need more voices! Contact Elizabeth Wilkinson or Trey Head.
Heart to Heart Foster Ministry
CJ is in need of helpers to sort and hang clothes at the shop! For more information or to volunteer call CJ Brown: 770-367-7665.
See Heart to Heart’s Facebook page for news, ministry needs and service opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/
NO EVENING SERVICE
- June 20, Father’s Day
- July 4, Independence Day
Morningview sermon podcast can be found by searching for “Morningview Baptist” on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Anchor (https://anchor.fm/morningview