On March 17th, we will conduct our annual Community Missions Service Day where we will have the privilege of serving our own community and, Lord willing, opening many doors for true gospel witness. The event will last from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (several teams may go shorter). Child care will be provided for nursery age children and those in grade school will have a ministry activity to participate in.
I hope you will set aside this day on your calendar, because all of us have a role to play. This event is structured to include every able-bodied member of our congregation. By God’s grace, we will be able to touch many, many lives with the Gospel, and the joy we will glean from our obedience and witness will be an immense blessing. Below is a list of the various ministry teams with more detailed descriptions of the work they will be doing.
(1) Neighborhood Outreach Team – This will be primarily a Student Ministry Team. They will be traveling into our surrounding neighborhoods to hand out information about Morningview that will include an invitation to join us for Easter Services.
(2) Friendship Mission Team – This team will travel downtown to the Friendship Mission and prepare a meal for the homeless and to offer any other kitchen help that may be needed that day.
(3) Evangelism Team – This team will be traveling to some local spots to share the gospel with individuals in a public setting. If you struggle with personal evangelism, this is a great opportunity to go with some dedicated servants and get some excellent experience.
(4) Sorting Clothing & Preparing Hygiene Bags – This will primarily be a Senior Adult Ministry Team. They will sort donated clothing and prepare hygiene kits for our Hands of Christ Ministry Center in Chisholm.
(5) Shepherd’s Staff – This team is going to serve our partners at Shepherd’s Staff by painting a metal roof and doing some light repairs at their administrative office.
(6) The Hands of Christ Ministry Center- This team will go to our center in Chisholm where they will complete some painting and refinish one section of wood floor in the main entry room. If you have a belt sander and a little experience sanding, you are needed on this team.
(7) Yard Work – There will be two teams who will travel to the homes of some of our Senior Adult shut-ins to do some trimming and yard work.
(8) Children’s Ministry Team – Chaperones are needed on this team. They will take groups of children to visit senior adults and present them with bedding plants the children have potted.
(9) Preschool Ministry Team – We need loving folks to care for the little ones too young to participate. This team will serve from 8:00 am to noon.
This is going to be an incredible day of ministry in our community, so plan now to be a part of it and sign up for a team this Sunday while there are still openings. I love you all dearly!